Roof Waterpoofing Coating
Roof waterproofing coating is very important. Roofs are not just visual features; they fulfill the crucial role of protection. Be it a classic flat roof or a dome roof, every roof structure has a unique character.
Being the highest point in a building, they take a battering from the elements and leaking is common after a few years.MARIS POLYMERS offers liquid-applied Polyurethane waterproofing systems for roof coating with long-term protection for simple, detailed or complicated roof structures.The MARISEAL SYSTEM® is the technologically advanced,premium liquid polyurethane waterproofing system that offers easy application, full certifications, and most importantly guaranteed long lasting results.It can be used as a new flat roof coating, but also for repair or renewal. The MARISEAL SYSTEM® consists of different products, dependant on the roofs characteristics.
Aliphatic Polyurethane Top-Coat, UV-stable
Domestic pedestrian traffic areas
The MARISEAL® 400 is a pigmented, color- and UV-stable, highly permanent elastic, cold applied and cold curing, one component aliphatic polyurethane coating, used as a top-coat for protection over exposed, polyurethane waterproofing coatings.
Cures by reaction with ground and air moisture over a unique
moisture triggered chemical reaction.
Protects very efficiently, especially if a dark final color is desired.
• Simple application (roller or airless spray).
• One component.
• Increases the abrasion and wear resistance of the waterproofing
• UV and Color stable.
• Gives a glossy and easy-to-clean surface.
• Does not show the chalking effect of aromatic polyurethane coatings.
• Resistant to water, heat and frost.
• Maintains its mechanical properties over a temperature span of
-40oC to +90oC.
• The waterproofed surface can be walked on (domestic pedestrian traffic).
• Waterproofing of Roofs
• Waterproofing of Balconies, Terraces and Verandas
• Waterproofing of Pedestrian Decks and Walkways
• Protection of Polyurethane Foam Insulation
Used over the MARISEAL® 250 and 260 on surfaces, with domestic pedestrian traffic (e.g. Roofs, Terraces, Residential Walkways) that require a glossy, color-stable and non-chalking finish.
120-250 gr/m2 in one or two layers.
This coverage is based on practical application by roller onto a
smooth surface in optimum conditions. Factors like surface porosity, temperature, humidity, application method and finish required can alter consumption.
The MARISEAL® 400 is supplied in white, light grey and red. Other RAL colors may be supplied on demand.
Careful surface preparation is essential for optimum finish and durability.The surface needs to be clean, dry and sound, free of any contamination, which may harmfully affect the adhesion of the membrane.Maximum moisture content should not exceed 5%. Substrate compressive strength should be at least 25MPa, cohesive bond strength at least 1.5MPa. New concrete structures need to dry for at least 28 days. Old, loose coatings, dirt, fats, oils, organic substances and dust need to be removed by a grinding machine. Possible surface irregularities need to be smoothened. Any loose surface pieces and grinding dust need to be thoroughly removed.
WARNING: Do not wash surface with water!
Repair of cracks and joints:
Clean concrete cracks and hairline cracks, of dust, residue or other contamination. Prime locally with the MARISEAL®
710 Primer and allow 2-3 hours to dry. Fill all prepared cracks with MARIFLEX® PU 30 sealant. Then apply a layer of MARISEAL®250, 200mm wide centered over all cracks and while wet, cover with a correct cut stripe of the MARISEAL®Fabric. Press it to soak. Then saturate the MARISEAL®Fabric with enough MARISEAL®250, until it is fully covered.Allow 12 hours to cure.
• Clean concrete expansion joints and control joints of dust, residue or other contamination. Widen and deepen joints (cut open) if necessary. The prepared movement joint should have a depth of 10-15 mm. The width:depth ratio of the movement joint should be at a rate of approx. 2:1. Apply some MARIFLEX®PU 30 Joint-Sealant on the bottom of the joint only. Then with a brush, apply a stripe layer of MARISEAL®250, 200mm wide centered over and inside the joint. Place the MARISEAL®Fabric over the wet coating and with a suitable tool, press it deep inside the joint, until it is soaked andthe joint isfullycovered from the inside. Then fully saturate the fabric with enough MARISEAL®250. Then place apolyethylene cord of the correct dimensions inside the joint and press it deep inside onto the saturated fabric. Fill theremaining free space of the joint with MARIFLEX® PU 30 sealant. Do not cover. Allow 12-18 hours to cure.